The 2022 Intermountain Healthcare IRONMAN® World Championship is just days away! After many months of training and preparing, booking your race weekend accommodations, and setting your travel plans, the only thing left to do is to travel to St. George and put your hard work to the test—or cheer on friends and loved ones planning to race!
To help you stay organized and manage any important resources, we’ve compiled the ultimate guide for this year’s race. Below, you’ll find important times and other information about the race, as well as links to resources on where to dine, how to find last-minute airport transportation, and more.
Bookmark and save this page to use throughout the weekend as your travel to St. George for the IRONMAN® World Championship!
IRONMAN® World Championship: Important Times to Know on Saturday, May 7
- Shuttle service for Athletes and Spectators: 3:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- IRONMAN® Information Booth (Located in Sand Hollow State Park): 4:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- IRONMAN® Information Booth (Located in Town Square Park): 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Volunteer Info/Lost and Found (Located in Town Square Park): 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- IRONMAN® Merchandise Store (Located in Town Square Park): 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bike and Gear Bag Pick-Up (Located on Tabernacle St.): 7:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Professional Men START: 6:15 a.m.
- Professional Women START: 6:20 a.m.
- Physically Challenged/Handcycle START: 6:25 a.m.
- Age Group First Wave START: 6:45 a.m.
Download the Digital Race Program
While it will be available in print at the race, you can download the digital race program right now online. Use it to check times and locations of different booths, and to learn more about this iconic race.
How to Watch the 2021 IRONMAN® World Championship From Home
If you aren’t able to travel to St. George for the 2021 IRONMAN® World Championship, don’t fret; you can stream the race from home. Race coverage will be live-streamed on several sites, making it easy to keep up with the race from anywhere.
- Live coverage of the IRONMAN® World Championship will be available on the IRONMAN Now YouTube channel.
- IRONMAN Now will also provide live coverage on their Facebook page.
- The race will be live-streamed on Peacock Sports.
- If you’d like to follow a specific athlete, download the IRONMAN Tracker App, available for both Android and Apple devices. The app provides real-time athlete tracking, as well as live results, leaderboards, map tracking, and more.
Check the Weather Forecast
Want to check in on the weather forecast for race day, and for the days leading up to Saturday’s big event? Use this link to check daily and hourly forecasts for St. George:
Where to Dine During Race Weekend
Need to fuel up pre-race or looking for the perfect spot to celebrate afterward? If you’re staying in one of our Springdale, Utah properties during race weekend, check out this guide for some of the town’s best restaurants:
Getting to the Starting Line
If you haven’t already, now is the time to consider how you’ll get to and from the airport during race weekend. Whether you choose to rent a car or book a shuttle, check out this guide to learn more about your options for traveling between St. George and the region’s top airports:
Extending Your Race Weekend
If you find yourself inspired to stick around Southern Utah after the race for some exploring, or even just some relaxing and recuperation, check out this guide:
Getting Excited for the 2021 IRONMAN® World Championship
Did you book your stay in one of Vibrant Management’s properties? As the premier hotel marketing agency behind several of the region’s top boutique hotels and luxury vacation rental properties, we’re excited to welcome athletes and their families to St. George for the 2021 Intermountain Healthcare IRONMAN® World Championship.
If you find that the incredible backdrop for this year’s IROnMAN® World Championship has inspired you to start planning a return visit to see more of Southern Utah, check out our list of properties. From a beautiful boutique hotel on the banks of the Virgin River to a unique tiny home vacation rental property on the edge of a stunning cliff, we have a property every traveler will love. Check out our list of properties today to find the right one for your next Southern Utah adventure!